How to get waves
Whether you want your waves all the way round or disappearing into a nice bold fade, it is important that you look after your hair. Some people are blessed with natural great waves, others have to work for them. Here are some Tips & Tricks to help you on your way.
What you will need:
Curly Hair: If your hair is soft and between curly and straight then start at step one.
Medium Hair: If your hair is not too thick or tough, but also not too soft then start at step one.
Course Hair: This is thick, tough and tightly curled hair. It is recommended that you use a texturing kit and the move straight to step 2.
1. Make sure hair is dry after using a conditioning shampoo.
2. Apply a small amount of Dax Wax or Murrays to the hair.
3. Put towel in hot water and wring out well.
4. Place towel on top of head for 1-2 minutes. Press down melting the wax into the hair. Remove towel.
5. Start brushing hair from crown, with the grain apply even pressure all over. This way your waves grow evenly.
6. Apply Doo-rag or Wave cap.
7. Repeat process 1-2 times a day. Especially before bed.
Avoid bumps and spots
Razor bumps are very common amongst men with curly facial hair. The reason most people get these hairs curling back in on themselves is because you are simply not shaving properly, or at least don't know how. Here are a few simply steps to stop bumps from happening:
What You Will Need:
1. Try not to shave everyday, if needed use a clean electric shaver in between shaves.
2. Always keep your face as clean as possible. Exfoliating is the best way to do this.
3. Before shaving try to steam your face to open the pores. This give you a closer and cleaner shave. The best way to do this is wrap a warm towel around your face for around 1 minute.
4. Apply moisturizing shaving cream with a badger brush so that you do not irritate the skin. Let it lie for 1 minute to soften the skin.
5. Use small, smooth strokes and avoid going against the grain. Constantly rinse blade in warm water.
6. After shave complete. Rinse your face with cold water to close the pores.
7. Always apply small amounts of tea tree oil or rubbing alcohol to avoid an infections or excess bumps.
Washing out gel and wax from hair
If you have problems washing out gel or wax from your hair then there is a simple solution. Wax in particular can be hard to wash out which can be embarrassing when the barber can not comb through your hair. Here is the way to combat your greasy hair.
1. If you wear gel then skip to step 2. Wax wearers simply apply the hair dryer in an attempt to melt the wax on your head.
2. Immediately after drying the hair and melting the wax, massage washing liquid to the dry hair for a couple of minutes.
3. Soak hair in warm water (warmer the better) scrub hair with the palm of your hands for a minute.
4. Scrub hair with a clean dry towel until dry.
5. If you still have a little wax left, simply repeat process for a nice, clean, soft head of hair.